Attorneys For Birth Injuries In New Mexico
Can there be anything more devastating to a family than having their baby die, get injured or become paralyzed during the birth process, or having the mother die because of complications while giving birth?
In our modern hospitals and delivery rooms, birth injuries to the baby and mother have been greatly reduced, but they have not been completely eliminated. Every year, thousands of babies across the United States are born with paralysis, dystocia or brain injuries leading to cerebral or Erb’s palsy, or they die because of complications in the womb or birth canal. Thousands of mothers are seriously injured or die when complications aren’t immediately diagnosed and remedied in time.
Call the New Mexico birth injury medical malpractice lawyers at Curtis & Co. at 505-633-7998.
If you reside in New Mexico and you believe a hospital error or doctor’s negligence caused an injury or death to the baby or mother, talk to an attorney on our birth injury litigation team at Curtis & Co. in Albuquerque. For nearly 40 combined years, our lawyers have been helping families recover justice following injuries and fatalities to babies and mothers due to error and negligence.
Cases we have handled related to death or injuries to the baby include (but are not limited to):
- Cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy, Klumpke’s palsy from brachial plexus injuries
- Oxygen deprivation leading to brain damage
- Shoulder dystocia resulting in paralysis of the neck and arms
- Cephalohematoma — hemorrhaging between the skull and the periosteum of a newborn
- Persistent pulmonary hypertension
- Holoprosencephaly resulting in developmental disability or death of the fetus
Litigation experience related to death or injuries to the mother include:
- Hospital infections
- Surgical errors occurring during caesarian sections
- Vaginal tissue fissures and tears
Learn more about medical malpractice lawsuits in New Mexico at these information pages:
Call us at 505-633-7998 or use our convenient email form to give us a brief overview of why you think you may have a legitimate birth injury claim. We will respond quickly to schedule a free consultation at our office in Albuquerque or in your home or hospital room.