Did You Lose A Loved One Due To Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice can cause severe health problems, and sometimes patients even die due to improper medical care. If your family lost a loved one, we understand that you are going through a period of significant pain and stress. While nothing can bring them back, medical providers can be held responsible if their negligence led to an early death.
At Curtis & Co., we have an in-house registered nurse and licensed practitioner on staff. Together, we will thoroughly evaluate your medical malpractice case and explore all options. Our goal is to establish a strong case that will help you find justice and recover the compensation your family needs for ongoing financial security.
After a loved one’s death, a select group of people can file a wrongful death claim. They include:
- A representative of the estate on behalf of the survivors
- A spouse
- Parents of minors
- Minors who lost their parents
Typically, the more distant the relationship, the more difficult it is to file a claim. Regardless of your relationship, we will work together to build the strongest possible case.
There are many reasons why you may decide to file a wrongful death claim. If a doctor has failed to diagnose a condition, misdiagnoses a condition or was careless during treatment, you might have a case. Together, we will thoroughly work through all of the facts.
You may be entitled to compensation, including funeral costs, medical costs, loss of inheritance, loss of companionship, pain and suffering, and loss of the deceased person’s income. Let us help you find some comfort in securing justice after your loss and ensuring financial protection.
A medical malpractice wrongful death attorney can be a strong ally for families grieving the loss of a loved one due to negligent healthcare. Knowing the intricacies of New Mexico laws, they use their expertise to navigate the legal system, gather evidence, and build a compelling case to hold the responsible parties accountable. Their objective is not only to seek justice but also to help ensure that families receive the compensation they deserve to help alleviate the financial impact of their loss.
Services Provided by Medical Malpractice Wrongful Death Attorneys Include:
- Comprehensive Case Evaluation: They will conduct a thorough review of your case to determine its feasibility. This includes reviewing medical records, identifying malpractice, and establishing a link to the wrongful death.
- Expert Testimony: Attorneys will enlist medical experts who can testify about the standard of care that should have been provided, and how its breach resulted in a wrongful death.
- Negotiation and Settlement: They will negotiate with the negligent party's insurance company to reach a fair settlement that covers your damages.
- Court Representation: If a just settlement cannot be reached, your attorney will vigorously represent your case in court.
- Emotional Support and Legal Guidance: They will provide emotional support throughout the process, keeping you informed and guiding you through the complexities of the legal system.
- Pursuing Maximum Compensation: Attorneys work tirelessly to ensure families receive compensation for medical costs, funeral expenses, loss of income and companionship, and pain and suffering.
Secure A Trusted Advocate
If you are suffering after the loss of a loved one, let us help. We are here to answer any questions you have from beginning to end. New Mexico has a three-year statute of limitations to file a claim, but we recommend contacting our office as soon as possible for the best chances of success.
Contact our Albuquerque office today for a free consultation at (505) 871-3740 or fill out our contact form.
You are passionate, persistent, and from everything that I saw today, a brilliant lawyer and orator.
25 Years of Experience
Founding Attorney Lisa K. Curtis has pursued law since the young age of 6. This is all we've ever wanted to do, and we've done it well for decades.
Treating Clients Like Family
We're a smaller firm so we can give our clients the focus and attention they deserve. You've been wronged, and we stop at nothing to make it right.
Compassionate, Capable Advocates
We know how difficult it is not only to experience the injustice you did, but to be brave enough to move forward. We're here with you every single step of the way.
Committed to the Well-Being of New Mexico
New Mexico is and always has been our home and chief priority. Our families go back centuries here, and we look to better this community with every move we make.