Albuquerque Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice Law Firm
At Curtis & Co., we have one mission: to provide the highest quality legal representation to people who have suffered serious injuries and financial damages because of another party’s negligence or criminal misconduct. Based in Albuquerque, our firm represents individuals and families throughout New Mexico.
Most of our attorneys were born and raised in the area, with some tracing their families back for generations. We are proud to serve members of our community and have committed our practice to helping people from all walks of life, being a voice for the voiceless, and standing up to corporations, insurance providers, and other powerful entities that seek to take advantage of those already navigating challenging times.
Bringing more than 25 years of experience to her practice, Attorney Lisa K. Curtis founded Curtis & Co. in 2016 with the singular goal of helping victims of serious accidents and medical malpractice fight for the justice and fair compensation they were owed. Soon thereafter, she put together a team of proven trial lawyers, all of whom are equally passionate about standing up for the rights of New Mexicans from all backgrounds and walks of life.
- Honesty: Our team will always provide honest answers, communication, and advice. We do not mislead clients when it comes to what they can expect from the legal process, including how long it may take and what the potential outcome may be. Instead, we want you to be prepared and have everything you need to make informed decisions about your case, your recovery, and your future.
- Integrity: We are proud to uphold the highest ethical standards when it comes to our legal services. You can trust us to do what we say we will do and to properly handle the various aspects of your case. We truly care about you and the outcome of your case; when you hire our firm, you can count on our team to do everything we can to protect your continued physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
- Communication: Communication is a critical element of your case. We know that you likely have a lot of questions, and many of our clients are anxious to learn about the status of their cases as the legal process progresses. We make a point to prioritize client communication and always respond promptly to all calls and emails.
- Focus: We treat every case like it is our only case. When you hire our firm, you can expect to be treated with the personal attention and care you deserve. Our focused and individualized approach allows us to find innovative, custom solutions tailored to the unique details of each individual case.
- Empathy: Most importantly, we are empathetic to what our clients are going through. We know that this is likely one of the most difficult and painful times in your life. We want to not only be there to provide the legal support you need but also the care and compassion you and your family deserve.
Our Attorneys & Staff
At Curtis & Co., our Albuquerque personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys have decades of combined legal experience, as well as a proven commitment to serving the needs of the injured and the wronged. We believe that our team is what truly sets us apart.
We invite you to learn more about our lawyers’ individual experience and professional credentials by clicking on the bios below:
Along with our attorneys, our team of dedicated staff members takes pride in providing excellent service to our clients. Most of our staff members are attending law school, and many eventually return to work at the firm as attorneys.
Our staff is knowledgeable and understands the issues you are facing. From the moment you call, you can expect to be treated with a high level of respect, compassion, and care. Our team can also assist you in Spanish if needed (se habla español), and we do not collect any legal fees unless/until we win your case.
You are passionate, persistent, and from everything that I saw today, a brilliant lawyer and orator.
We know that hiring a lawyer to protect your rights after an accident or injury is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. The law firm you choose can make a significant difference in not only the amount of monetary compensation you recover but also your overall experience with the legal process. We handle every case carefully, taking the time to listen to your needs and concerns, investigating the evidence, and putting together the strongest case possible. While we strive to resolve our clients’ claims quickly and effectively through settlement negotiations, we know that this is not always possible or appropriate. We prepare every case as though it will go to trial, which allows us to stay a step ahead of the opposition.
We are proud of our long success record, as well as the reputation we have earned among our satisfied clients, opposing lawyers, and judges. When you turn to our Albuquerque personal injury lawyers, we understand that you don’t just need us to handle the legal details of your case—you are counting on us to get your life back together. We never lose sight of the fact that our clients are real people facing real challenges. This understanding is what drives and informs everything we do.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Team Today
If you or someone you love has been harmed by the negligent or wrongful conduct of another, including a trusted healthcare provider, reach out to the team at Curtis & Co. to learn how we can help. You could be entitled to financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, lost quality of life, and more. Our attorneys can help you understand your legal options and build a powerful case aimed at maximizing your recovery.
We offer free initial consultations, as well as contingency fees. This means that you do not pay any upfront or out-of-pocket expenses when you hire our firm—we only collect attorney fees if and when we secure compensation for you.
25 Years of Experience
Founding Attorney Lisa K. Curtis has pursued law since the young age of 6. This is all we've ever wanted to do, and we've done it well for decades.
Treating Clients Like Family
We're a smaller firm so we can give our clients the focus and attention they deserve. You've been wronged, and we stop at nothing to make it right.
Compassionate, Capable Advocates
We know how difficult it is not only to experience the injustice you did, but to be brave enough to move forward. We're here with you every single step of the way.
Committed to the Well-Being of New Mexico
New Mexico is and always has been our home and chief priority. Our families go back centuries here, and we look to better this community with every move we make.